My Command, Love Each Other
- Date: Sunday, May 10, 2015
- Series: Worship Service
- Scripture: John 15:9-17
My Command, Love Each Other
11These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. 12“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
Theme: Mothers, love like Jesus
Goal: That by His grace and through his word, God's love will fill us in such a way that we can honor and emulate our mothers in love.
Other Text: Acts 10:34-48; 1 John 5:1-8
I. The command “that you love one another as I have loved you.
a. We cannot keep such a commandment.
- Some people are really, really hard to love.
- We are not able of such perfection.
- Love no longer has a clear definition.
b. We can become frustrated.
- Because, Love does have a clear definition and we don’t love that way.
- We simply can’t love all people that way.
- We simply don’t think we need to love all people that way.
- We simply don’t want to love all people that way.
c. We begin to settle.
- We become content with not loving.
- We become content with not obeying God’s commandments.
- We begin to rationalize, we say at least…, no one..., God surely knows…, He surely understands…, Because no one can be that good.
d. God does not settle.
- We are called to be Holy as He is Holy.
- The Decalogue is a set of commandments not suggestions.
- We were created to be that good.
- We do need to love that way.
WELL THANKS A LOT PASTOR TRINI YOU HAVE SINGLEHANDEDLY RUINED MY DAY.
TRANSITION TO GOSPEL
II. There is a way we can love that way.
a. I learned this from moms:
God said: “When I made the woman she had to be special. I made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the world, yet gentle enough to give comfort. I gave her an inner strength to endure childbirth and the rejection that many times comes from her children. I gave her a hardness that allows her to keep going when everyone else gives up, and take care of her family through sickness and fatigue without complaining.I gave her the sensitivity to love her children under any and all circumstances, even when her child has hurt her very badly. I gave her strength to carry her husband through his faults and fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart. I gave her wisdom to know that a good husband never hurts his wife, but sometimes tests her strengths and her resolve to stand beside him unfaltering.
NOTE: Notice the relationship that is evident through the words.
*I made The Woman…
*I gave her…
We can only love in a Godly way when Gods love is Made/Given/poured into us that we may share.
You see our women are awesome moms only in their relationship to God. Whom He gifts to her what is good and needed and lacking in her.
That is why it is good to celebrate moms they are the closest example to the perfect love and an encouragement that tells you we can love that way not because we are able but because of God enabling us.
It is what Christ is doing in today’s scripture.
- In Laying down His life He is loving us in such a way that we may be given that which we lack, that love.
- In Laying down His life He is loving His disciples and all people that way.
- That Perfect Love, Unfailing Love, unconditional love, Christ Love, Christian love, Mother’s love fills us again today.
Thank you God, Thank You mom.
May our Heavenly Father, Our Lord Jesus Christ and Holy Spirit keep us abiding in His love that we may share it with All for His Glory.